Welcome to the law firm of Svenja Schmidt-Bandelow, which has been
founded in Berlin in 1996. As a specialist lawyer for family law as well as a specialist lawyer for migration law and mediator and with the associated many years of experience in family law, international family law as well as in the area of international private law, European law and migration law, you receive competent advice and representation. My aim is first of all to find an out-of-court solution. However, if this does not lead to an agreement or settlement, I can represent you before the competent court – also outside Berlin. In divorce and adoption cases involving Germans living abroad, I will be happy to represent you before the Schöneberg Local Court in Berlin, which has exclusive jurisdiction.
You are welcome to contact me with the following concerns, for example:
German and international family law
- Divorce in general and in particular in an international context (e.g. binational marriages and couples, divorce for Germans living abroad)
- Marriage contract, choice of applicable law, matrimonial property law, maintenance law, especially in an international context
- Custody and access rights
- International child abduction with reference to the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction
- Recognition of a foreign adoption
- Residence permits (especially family reunification, work permits, settlement permits)
- Residence card for family members of EU citizens
- Citizenship card
- Re-naturalisation of German Jews and their descendants as well as Jews living in Germany during the Nazi era
Do not hesitate to contact me with other family and migration law matters.